12/18/2007

More about my beliefs...

Anyone that knows me knows that my ideas occasionally shift to accommodate the new arrivals in my mind. This means, in essence, if a new concept comes into the vicinity, I try to find a place for it in my current thought processes. If it doesn’t fit, I do not discard it as some might think I would.


I instead create a new thought process for it to fit into. I then toy with it, change it, warp it, just to see how well it responds to severe analyzing. If it breaks or snaps under the pressure, then I discard it.


It’s not about knocking the ideas I don’t like. It’s about knocking the ideas that don’t make sense to me.


I guess in a way, I’m continuing my rant on religion. Only this time I’m doing it with a clear head.


I’ve never found any personal truth in the Bible; I’ve tried. I have a feeling that if I read the Koran, I wouldn’t find any personal truth there either. I find truth in the love of my friends and family, and the stories I create. I find truth in this world, and not any all-powerful deity. I follow the lead of a deity that is not all-powerful, but kind and caring. She has a great sense of humor, too.


Yeah, that’s right, I follow a goddess. Her name is Mara. Go ahead and gawk.


She doesn’t make me adhere to a strict set of laws, but does guide me, gives me gentle nudges in the right directions.


Yeah, I know. It’s weird. I don’t think I care.

No comments: